A broken heating and cooling system can be a nightmare. Not only is it inconvenient, but it can also be expensive to fix. If you face any issues with your system, don’t hesitate to call Velocity Mechanical LLC today. We specialize in HVAC repair in Mesa, AZ, and the surrounding areas.
It’s important to know some common HVAC repair tips that can help prevent issues and get your system up and running again in no time:
- Check the air filter: A dirty air filter is one of the most common reasons for a breakdown. When the air filter gets clogged, it restricts airflow and strains the system. If you notice your system isn’t working as well as it should, check the air filter first and replace it if necessary. It is recommended to replace your air filter every 1-3 months.
- Clean the coils: The coils are responsible for transferring heat from the air inside your home to the outside air. Over time, dirt and debris can accumulate on window blinds, making them less effective. To clean them, remove the coils, rinse them with water, and use a coil cleaning solution to dissolve any tough buildup.
- Check the thermostat: If your system isn’t cooling or heating properly, the problem may be with the thermostat. First, ensure the system is set to the correct temperature. Then, check the batteries and replace them as necessary. Finally, give the thermostat a good wipe down, as dust can sometimes interfere with its functioning.
- Inspect the ductwork: Any leaks in your ductwork can cause your system to work harder than it needs to and even lead to a breakdown. So, if you suspect a problem with your ductwork, call the professionals at Velocity Mechanical LLC for heating and AC repair in Mesa, AZ, and the surrounding areas.
- Check for leaks: Leaks can occur in the ductwork, the coils, or the system itself. If you suspect a leak, it’s crucial to have it fixed immediately, as it can lead to further damage and a more expensive repair bill. You can fix the leak yourself with a sealant kit or hire a professional.
- Check for debris around the unit: Dirt and debris can block airflow and cause your air conditioning or heating system to overheat. Remove any debris that may be blocking airflow and see if that fixes the issue.
- Check the vents: Ensure all the vents in your home are open and not blocked by furniture or other objects. Closed vents can cause your AC or furnace to work harder than necessary and may lead to premature breakdowns.
- Get regular maintenance: One of the best ways to prevent a breakdown is to obtain regular air conditioning and heating service. If you are in Mesa, AZ, and the surrounding areas, call one of our professionals to come out and inspect your system, clean the coils, and replace the air filter. Regular maintenance can help extend the life of your system and prevent costly repairs down the road.
Keeping your HVAC system healthy can be challenging, but following these tips can help. If you’re located in Mesa, Arizona, or surrounding areas, and need an HVAC repair, contact Velocity Mechanical LLC today. Our experienced technicians will be happy to help get your system back up and running again.