How To Take Care of Your Air Conditioning in Summer?
Summer has arrived and it’s time to turn on the air conditioner! It’s critical to maintain your air conditioner so that it functions properly, to keep your house cool and pleasant.
This blog will discuss some strategies for keeping your air conditioner in good working order over the summer. If you follow these guidelines, you’ll be able to stay cool all season!
- Choose a room temperature that isn’t too cold. During the summer heat, set your air conditioning unit between 24°C and 28°C during the summer heat. As a result, your body will benefit from the cooling environment while inside while also avoiding the temperature disparity outside; as a general guideline, set your air conditioner 12 degrees below the outside air temperature.
- Changing or cleaning the air filter regularly is one of the most critical things you can do to keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently. A clogged air filter limits air movement through your air conditioner and may also cause it to freeze, resulting in costly repairs.
- It would help if you cleaned your return air ducts in addition to cleaning the filter. Duct covers filled with lint, dust, and debris restrict airflow and make your system work harder, reducing its lifespan and efficiency. To ensure that appropriate airflow reaches your HVAC unit, vacuum these ducts every time you clean the room.
- Another technique to increase your air conditioner’s effectiveness is to inspect the wiring in the condensing unit for signs of overheating or deterioration. Before you begin, remember to switch off the air conditioner. If you notice burned, frayed, or broken wires, schedule an HVAC Repair in Mesa AZ by a professional.
- One of the best things you can do if you have a programmable thermostat is to set it to cool your house down before you go home. You won’t have to wait for the air conditioner to turn on, and you’ll be able to enjoy the cold air as soon as you enter. Furthermore, by only cooling your house when needed, programmable thermostats may help you save money on your energy cost. So, if you want to maintain your air conditioner functioning well, make sure it’s correctly programmed.
- Before the summer begins, you must engage in an annual tune-up. Most HVAC companies provide tune-up services to ensure that your system operates at peak efficiency. Tightening all electrical connections, lubricating fans, and cleaning the system are part of a tune-up. The expert will check the coolant levels and detect more significant concerns, such as refrigerant leaks, that can occur after years of usage, and then repair the damage to restore your air conditioner’s high performance. Similar to tuning up your automobile, tuning up your air conditioner will make it more energy-efficient and help you prevent severe malfunctions in the future.
Do you require air conditioning repair? If you reside in Mesa, Arizona, call Velocity Mechanical LLC. Our staff of highly educated and qualified experts is here to assist you with all of your air conditioning requirements 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.