Make a Dinner Date at Home with Your Friends this Spring
If you’re planning on having guests over this spring but want to make it easier, check out this guide from Velocity Mechanical, LLC. Being a host doesn’t mean you have to stress over cleaning your home to perfection and cooking all day. Our tips will help you improve the presentation of your home and make guests feel comfortable. The best thing about entertaining should be the laughs and conversation you share, so use this guide to make the rest a little easier to accomplish. Our AC maintenance service in Gilbert, AZ can also lend comfort to your evening.
- Pre-Dinner Planning. Pick a simple one-dish main course and a salad to make and write down all the ingredients ahead for one trip to the grocery. Remember beverages, napkins, and dessert.
- Quickly tidy for the evening. Wipe down surfaces in the kitchen and dining area and grab knick-knacks to create a clean and welcoming environment.
- Have fun with the entry. The first impression when guests walk in the door should set a relaxed and fun tone, but you don’t want to look sloppy. Now that the weather is getting warmer by the day, move extra coats to hall closets and keep racks and shoe areas clear enough for guests to set down their belongings when they enter. Place a brightly coloured rug inside the front door to welcome your friends and also catch any dirt on their shoes. A small flower in a fun vase in your entry window or on a side table will show guests you did something special for them and also create a springy feel to your home.
- Make use of the famous kitchen gathering spot. Somehow, we always seem to gather around the kitchen when we entertain. Guests want to be near their host and you want to plate the meal while it’s hot and ready to be served. Make this a comfy area for guests by offering them a seat at barstools if your kitchen has an island. Have a bottle of wine or pitcher of iced tea and glasses ready so guests can make themselves at home while you finish the meal preparations.
- Transition the meal to the dinner table. By serving plates for your guests with them in the kitchen, everyone can take a plate and some flatware to the table, saving you the step of creating formal place settings.
- Keep everyone comfortably cool. No one wants to sweat through the meal, even if you made a killer oven-roasted dinner. Remember to take the oven and extra guests into account when adjusting the thermostat for the company, you may want to set it slightly cooler than normal.
We know your dinner will be a hit with these tips! Remember to get your seasonal AC maintenance service in Gilbert, AZ performed by Velocity Mechanical, LLC today so you’re ready to dine in all spring and summer long. Call us at 480-688-7078 We are the #1 HVAC Repair in Mesa AZ or AC contractor in Mesa AZ and we also offer AC Repair Mesa AZ, air conditioning installation in Messa AZ